A photojournal of the celebration of my 59th year.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Four ~ Saying No

I said "No" to something I really wanted to do today.  Next weekend, as part of walking in a 10K, I had planned to spend two nights with some of the women I'm walking with at a retreat a bit north of Asheville.  It looks like a lovely time filled with good food, amazing women, yoga, and art.  However, my life has been filled with some major activity since the first of the year only 15 days ago.  My daughter moved into her first place away from home, we took a trip to visit family in Florida, we've had friends visiting from out of town and I've just generally been socializing much more than usual.

As an introvert and a person with some depression issues,  I've pushed myself way past what is healthy for me and I need to carve out more time for some solitude and quiet.  I really love having friends close by and having people over and visiting my family and meeting new people.  I just need to spread it out a bit.

So today, I said "no" to the weekend retreat but still "yes" to walking in the 10K.  That little "no" is my way of saying " yes" to what I need in my life which includes big chunks of time to myself.  Today, I walked around the lake by myself.  Brenna and Blake are coming over for dinner and bringing pizza to share.  Some time to myself and some time with my family is really my idea of the perfect Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment