A photojournal of the celebration of my 59th year.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Two ~ Wearing a Hat

 Here we are all dressed up in our" going to the Steeplechase Horse Race " finery.  Our friends invited us to The Carolina Cup and said to wear a hat.  We had a fabulous day and it was my first horse race of any kind.


                                          These people are a fun bunch to hang out with.


 Kelly Lovejoy's definition of a tailgating feast...Pate, Lamb Skewers, Marinated Shrimp, Carolina Cup Pie and Champagne.  Amazing.
We placed bets between our group of six and Broc and I didn't win any of them! My betting strategy was along the lines of "that's a cute name for a horse".

I've been so busy having new adventures and enjoying being with family and friends that it's been hard to find the time to post. We're finally getting a little cold weather this week so maybe that will translate into a bit more wrting. I can see that documenting may be the biggest challenge of this project.


          Here's to a fun something new! Wearing a Hat!  And going to a Fancy Horse Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment