A photojournal of the celebration of my 59th year.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Five ~ Searching for Spring

In December, I bravely announced to the world (well to my Facebook world)..."I am going to kick winter's butt this year."  I certainly meant it.  Yet, even with a getting-through-winter toolbox the size of a football field and all those years of practice and new ideas and determination, I find myself almost to February shaking my head and saying..."What the fuck?"

I have a children's book that I used to read to Brenna and Logan called, "We're Going On a Bear Hunt."  In children's book repetitive style, it says on every other page...."We can't go over it.  We can't go under it. Oh, no!  We've got to go through it."

Those closest to me know I struggle every year with seasonal depression and while I acknowledge it, I still find myself thinking that this will be year that I don't have to go through it.

Yesterday was  a very tough day. Exhausted from no sleep, I canceled a movie date with a friend but I was determined to do ONE THING.  Just one thing.  So after staring at my new Nike Running shoes that I bought because they reminded me of the coming Spring, I put them on and laced them up and somehow convinced myself to just walk outside.  Just go out.  See if it's warm enough to walk.  


So I did.   Not too fast.  Just put one foot in front of the other.

   

I walked those two miles around the lake reminding myself that I couldn't go over it.  I couldn't go under it.  I just need to go through it the very best I could.

I know I really can kick ass when I get through it.   Sixty by Sixty will be here while I do that.  As will my family and friends.

When I came back around the lake yesterday to head back down my driveway, I noticed something that I had somehow missed seeing before I walked all the way around....




No comments:

Post a Comment